July 13, 2022 at 4:32 am #2786RaymondParticipant
When will Christians know which man has become the Antichrist? i.e. “been revealed”.
1. Only at the mid point of the 70th week?
2. At the beginning of the 70th week?
3. During the 70th Week?
I might have missed something as I cant get my mind around this particular detail in the sequence of events.
July 14, 2022 at 9:02 am #2787Anders GParticipant
Raymond, I would say “1. Only at the mid point of the 70th week”.
Some clues are given in Rev 13:1-8:
* The first word is “Then” which refers to the verses before where the woman flees into the wilderness which is the second half of tribulation.
* In v.5, the beast (AC) is given authority for 42 months which refer to the second half.
* In v.6, he blasphemes the tabernacle, which is only possible after the Jews’ initial 3,5 years of worship and offerings in the temple.
* In v.7, he makes war with the saints and even overcomes them, which ought to be after “the beginnings of sorrows” when the saints “will be delivered up to tribulation and killed” (Matt 24:8-9).
[Rev 13:1-8 NKJV] 1 Then I stood on the sand of the sea. And I saw a beast rising up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and on his horns ten crowns, and on his heads a blasphemous name. 2 Now the beast which I saw was like a leopard, his feet were like [the feet of] a bear, and his mouth like the mouth of a lion. The dragon gave him his power, his throne, and great authority. 3 And I saw one of his heads as if it had been mortally wounded, and his deadly wound was healed. And all the world marveled and followed the beast. 4 So they worshiped the dragon who gave authority to the beast; and they worshiped the beast, saying, “Who [is] like the beast? Who is able to make war with him?” 5 And he was given a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies, and he was given authority to continue for forty-two months. 6 Then he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme His name, His tabernacle, and those who dwell in heaven. 7 It was granted to him to make war with the saints and to overcome them. And authority was given him over every tribe, tongue, and nation. 8 All who dwell on the earth will worship him, whose names have not been written in the Book of Life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
July 14, 2022 at 11:19 am #2788RaymondParticipant
You have confirmed my conclusion but I thought I might have missed something.
This is interesting as there are so many in the past and now that make predictions who they think is the antichrist.
So we will see who are the 10 Kings and then wait to see who rises up to take charge once the 2 witnesses are killed. This can play out in so many ways in the world today.
It hope to be alive (63 now) when this all happens to help and teach what I know to first encourage the church and then see many saved. We will be able to explain that God and Jesus have prophesied about the 70th week and how it will play out. There will be so much confusion and fear that we will need level heads and good people around us.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.